Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Snowflakes and Lace



As a self taught (and youtube taught) sewer, I haven’t had much experience with knits or lace. I have actually only made 3 things out of knit and one outfit with a pre-cut lace trim. So, when I saw the Snowflakes and Lace tour Sewing Mama RaeAnna is hosting , I thought I would try it out.




This was a really thin knit which was not the easiest to use for me but I LOVE this color.  I also grabbed this ivory stretch lace, which I have never used before. I love how it turned out.  







I used Sewing Mama RaeAnna’s Cupcake Pattern, I modified it by leaving off the front pocket and cutting the top of the pattern out of lace.  I really love how it turned out. Kinley had a great time playing outside in this outfit. I made her a size 3 shirt and I really should have done a 2 with this material but, she loves it sooooo we have some growing room! 

1 comment: